SSR COCKTAIL RECIPES
Perdeberg’s Soft Smooth Range cocktails are summer sunshine in a glass
This summer, Perdeberg Wines invites wine lovers and cocktail connoisseurs to get creative with its newly developed range of summer cocktail recipes. Simply add its popular easy-drinking and fruit-driven Soft Smooth Range (SSR), a few other ingredients, whip out a swizzle stick and you’re good to go.
SSR was created with fun and versatility in mind, and it leans into that this summer with three new refreshing cocktails that are perfect to enjoy over a lunch or while relaxing around the pool with family and friends as the mercury rises.
Available in a red, white and rosé varietal, SSR’s team has created a cocktail for each that complement the wine flavours while tantalizing too.
125ml SSR White
25ml Simple syrup
25ml Grapefruit vodka
Sprig of rosemary for garnish
Orange or grapefruit for garnish
- Fill your glass halfway with ice.
- Add in the vodka, simple syrup and white wine.
- Top up with soda water.
- Garnish with rosemary and an orange/grapefruit slice.
125ml SSR Red
40ml Blanco Tequila
30ml Lime juice
25ml Simple syrup
Lime for garnish
- Fill your shaker with ice.
- Add in your lime juice, tequila and simple syrup.
- Shake well until liquid is chilled.
- Pour into glass of choice.
- Float the red wine over the back of a spoon into the cocktail mixture.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and enjoy!
750ml SSR Rosé
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
200g Washed and hulled strawberries
70ml Lemon juice
Strawberry for garnish
- Pour rosé into a sheet pan and freeze until almost solid.
- Bring the sugar and water to the boil, turn down the heat and stir continuously until sugar has dissolved. Add in strawberries and remove from heat and let it cool for about 30 minutes before straining out the strawberries. You should be left with a strawberry flavoured simple syrup.
- Scrape the rosé into a blender along with the lemon juice and 100ml of the simple syrup
- Blend until smooth and transfer into a container to freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer the slushy-like mixture into a glass and garnish with a strawberry.