Perdeberg has been riding high this year with annual wine awards held locally and internationally.
Perdeberg awards for 2013:
Michelangelo International Wine Awards 2013
By a panel of 16 international wine judges, Perdeberg reaped the following awards.
- Trophy – Michelangelo Top Producer for 2013
- The Dry Land Collection Pinotage – GRAND D’OR (Double Gold)
- SAAM Mountain Chenin Blanc 2013 – Gold
- SAAM Mountain Pinotage 2012 – Gold
- The Dry Land Collection Joseph’s Legacy 2010 – Gold
- The Dry Land Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 – Gold
- The Dry Land Collection Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2011 – Silver
- The Dry Land Collection Shiraz 2011 – Silver
Paarl Wine Route Chenin / Shiraz Challenge 2013
Perdeberg Wines won the trophy for the best Shiraz at this challenge. The Dry Land Collection Shiraz 2011 was announced as the best Shiraz of the region, while two of Perdeberg’s Chenin Blanc wines were in the top 10: Perdeberg Reserve Chenin Blanc 2012 and SAAM Chenin Blanc 2013 (third place). The Dry Land Collection is new to Perdeberg’ s portfolio and has received excellent reviews from renowned wine connoisseurs and judges.
2013 South African Young Wine Show (SANWSA)
Perdeberg scooped an impressive 31 medals for the SAYWS 2013, a success rate of 93.94% of the wines it entered. Perdeberg’s Pinotage/Mourvèdre/Petit Verdot won the Vine Products Trophy as the overall Champion Red Blend, additionally to the Peter Barlow Trophy in the Wooded Red Cultivar Blend Class (National Class Winner). Perdeberg took another win for the Wooded Malbec Class with the DR GCV Odendaal Trophy (National Class Winner).
Perdeberg also scored great success at the Regional Paarl Awards winning the following awards:
- Champion Pinotage
- Champion Other Red Cultivar – Malbec
- Champion Red Blend – Pinotage/Mourvèdre/Petit Verdot
- Champion Wine Of The Paarl Region Show – Pinotage/Mourvèdre/Petit Verdot
- Champion of Paarl (Overall Winner) – Pinotage/Mourvèdre/Petit Verdot
Berliner Wine Trophy 2013
- Perdeberg Wines’ Waka-Waka collection collected a gold medal for its Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
Perdeberg is doing the South African Wine industry proud. Perdeberg’s CEO, Gerhard van der Watt, says this is yet another excellent year for our wines in terms of awards. “We always do well but our quality and range is improving all the time, evident by the excellent reception of our new premium range – The Dry Land Collection; it proves that we’re getting it right.”