With only two farms from South Africa winning a Double Gold at the 2017 China Wine and Spirits Awards (CWSA), Perdeberg Cellars are ecstatic having received this honour, which only gains prestige with the South African Wine of the Year awarded to the Dry Land Collection Shiraz.
The China Wine & Spirits Awards is the biggest and most prestigious wine competition in Hong Kong and China. Its judges – people in the Chinese wine off-trade and hospitality markets – are all key decision makers in the fast-growing Chinese market.
Perdeberg winners at CWSA:
- The Dry Land Barrel Fermented Chenin 2016
- The Dry Land Collection Tenacity Shiraz 2013 – South African Wine of the Year
- The Dry Land Collection Conqueror Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Classic Cabernet 2016
- Rex Equus 2014
- The Dry Land Collection Resolve Pinotage 2014
- Vineyard Collection Chenin Blanc 2016
The CWSA are the only awards in the world judged specifically for the China market and are entirely focused on consumer preferences and demand. The CWSAs are unique in that they are open for entry by both producers and distributors looking to enter and succeed in China.