Perdeberg Winery is located in the fertile Agter Paarl area between Malmesbury and Durbanville. Perdeberg’s vineyards span four different micro-climates and the weather affects the soil, drainage and altitude from one vineyard to another.
What also distinguishes Perdeberg’s wines is that 70% of the vineyards rely almost entirely on rainfall – i.e. they are not irrigated. Perdeberg has now decided to showcase its best wines in a new premium range, aptly named the Dry Land Collection.
The Perdeberg Dry Land Collection range will be available only in the on-trade and ex-cellar from end August 2013:
- Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2011
- Pinotage 2011
- Shiraz 2011
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2011
- Joseph’s Legacy (red blend) 2010
- Unwooded Chenin Blanc 2013
- Unwooded Sauvignon Blanc 2013
- Pinot Noir/Chardonnay 2013
- Chardonnay/Viognier 2013 (from January 2014)
- Cellar Door price range: between R62 and R80 per bottle
- Restaurant wine lists: between R120 and R350 per bottle
Benefiting from nature, the Dry Land Collection wines rely upon a combination of rainfall and cool sea breezes from both the Indian and Atlantic oceans, which act as an effective antidote to the scorching sun, keeping the ripening grapes at the optimal temperature required to produce great wines.
NB: Full tasting notes (and label and bottle shots) for each wine are available upon request.